Bryn Lawrence is a first-year Level 3 Sports student that is currently on track to have a fantastic cycling career.
Bury College is a growing campus, with several centres housing a range of specialist facilities. The campus continues to evolve as a significant investment is continually made, ensuring you have access to the latest equipment and technologies to progress your career.
Our brand-new and purpose-built Health and Digital Centre will give students access to the facilities they need to train for the future. Facilities in the new £9+ million centre include:
- State-of-the-art laboratory
- Simulated hospital ward
- Replicated domestic home
- Immersive digital environment
- Esports suite
- Advanced IT facilities
It will be the home to a range of exciting courses, from advanced to degree level, including those leading to jobs in Health and Nursing and Computing and Digital roles. The various programmes will include T Levels and a brand new Esports course.
Learning will be hands-on and industry-led, allowing students to gain the qualifications needed to springboard them into their careers. The centre will play a major part in training the professionals of the future and provide an opportunity for them to find employment in some dynamic sectors.
Funds for the project are supported by the Greater Manchester Combined Authority, the Department for Education as well as the College. The new build is being delivered by H.H. Smith & Sons Co. Ltd and is expected to start welcoming students in January 2023.
Over the last few weeks, there has been significant progress on the building over the summer period. Activities continuing or due to start within the next period include:
- Curtain walling (outer covering of the building) and glazing remain on-going
- Main roof coverings due to be completed within the next two weeks. The unistrut has been installed ready for the air handling
- Internally, most of the 2nd fix boarding is now complete and plastered with duct work installed and pipework pressure tested. 2nd fix electricals have commenced and will continue.