Bryn Lawrence is a first-year Level 3 Sports student that is currently on track to have a fantastic cycling career.
Inspire a young person through Work Placements
Work placements offers young people the chance to develop their confidence, communication skills and can help inform their future career choices. As a professional business, there are also many benefits to supporting a young person in the workplace.
Here at Bury College we provide our students with a range of work placement opportunities, ranging from our standard one-week placements to enhance their soft skills and give them an insight into the working world, to T Level industry placements for up to 45 days for each course.
Business Benefits of Work Placements
Work placements give you early sight of the new talent coming into your industry. They can help you with recruitment, improve innovation, and increase your organisation’s productivity. They also have important social benefits. A work placement will deliver a number of benefits to your business, including:
- develop a future talent pipeline for your business
- additional staff resource for day-to-day activity and projects
- build a more diverse and creative workforce
- attract motivated young people into your workforce bringing imaginative and new ideas
- give staff the opportunity to upskill in coaching and mentoring
- provide a positive experience for a local young person
Incentive Payments for T Level Industry Placements
Employers can claim £1,000 for every T Level student they host on an industry placement. Employers can claim for up to 20 students for the available T Level subject areas until July 2022.
Become a Partner Employer
We are partnering with local employers to offer substantial industry placements to our T Level students.
You can join this technical education revolution right now. Students are ready to start placements in areas such as:
- Digital Support Services (specialising in Digital Infrastructure)
- Education and Childcare (specialising in Assisting Teaching)
- Health (Supporting the Adult Nursing Team/Supporting Therapy Teams)
In 2023 students will be able to do placements in:
- Digital Production, Design and Development
- Engineering and Manufacturing, Design and Development (Mechanical)
- Management & Administration (specialising in Team Leadership/Management)