The Bury Volunteer Police Cadet Unit have found a home at Bury College and believes their recent award for Voluntary Police Cadet Unit of the Year has been helped by Bury College’s facilities and our staff.
T Levels are new, high-quality technical qualifications - an exciting alternative to A-levels and apprenticeships that combine classroom theory with practical learning and a 45-day industry placement.
They are designed to equip you with the practical skills, knowledge and behaviours necessary for skilled employment or progress to further study, including higher technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships or degree apprenticeships.
T Levels at Bury College
- High-quality technical qualifications
- They combine classroom theory with practical learning
- Include a 45-day work placement
- Designed to equip you with practical skills and knowledge
- Two-year course
- Combine classroom learning (80%) with on-the-job employment experience (20%)
- Assessed by a combination of externally set exam and skill-assessment to demonstrate your competency skills
The T Level study programme option will appeal strongly to students who:
- Want to complete an industry placement as part of their qualification
- Would like to apply theory in real workplace settings
- Are looking to pursue a high-quality technical route into skilled employment, further study or higher/degree apprenticeships