Freedom of Information – Publication Scheme

The Freedom of Information Act promotes greater openness and accountability across the public sector by requiring all public authorities to make information available proactively, through a publication scheme. A publication scheme is a document which describes the information a public authority publishes, or intends to publish. Public authorities are defined in the Act and include colleges, further education colleges and sixth form colleges.

Under the provisions of the Act you can access information held by Bury College in two ways:

  1. Publication Scheme - The information you are looking for may already be available via the College website. The Publication Scheme is a guide to the types of information that the College publishes or intends to publish and much of this information is available on the website.
  2. Freedom of Information requests - Requests for information may be submitted in writing (or by email). On receipt of a written request, the College is required to inform the requester whether it holds the information applied for and, if it does, subject to exemptions set out in the Act, to supply that information to the enquirer within 20 working days from the receipt of the request.

This relates to organisational information, structures, locations and contacts.

This section includes financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts, audits and reviews.

This section includes strategies and plans, performance information, audits, inspections and reviews.

Information on decision-making processes and records of decisions.

This section covers the College’s current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities.

This section contains information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the College.

  • List and Registers
  • Register of Interests
  • Gifts / Hospitality
  • Honorary Degrees
  • Asset Registers

You can request information by writing to:

Freedom of Information Officer
Planning and Information Services
Woodbury Centre
Market Street