Bury College is incredibly proud of all its students who have continued to adapt and progress, both academically and personally through challenging times in order to achieve their exceptional results.
The A-level study programme option will appeal strongly to students who:
- Have enjoyed academic teaching and learning in schools and are comfortable and successful with examinations as the main form of assessment.
- Enjoy private study, researching topics, reading around subjects and can work independently.
- Want to study traditional subjects such as Geography, History, Mathematics and English to a higher level.
- Are interested in a career where, at present, A-levels are the preferred entry route e.g., Medicine, Veterinary Science, Law.
A Levels at Bury College:
- Study three A-level subjects (four by exception)
- May include one Applied A-level subject
- Two-year course
- Assessment is predominantly exam based
- Group and one-to-one tutorials
- Enrichment programme
Careers guidance and preparation for progress through:
- University visits
- Work placements and visits
- Voluntary work