Bryn Lawrence is a first-year Level 3 Sports student that is currently on track to have a fantastic cycling career.
- The latest full Ofsted inspection was September 2018. The college is currently assessed as ‘Good’.
- The College has outstanding financial health.
- The College has approved status from the Office for Students for its Access and Participation Plan – approved September 2018.
- The College is an approved provider on the national Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers – re-approved January 2022.
- The College commenced T-Level delivery in September 2021 and currently offers T Levels in: Digital; Education & Childcare; Health and Science; Engineering & Manufacturing and Management & Administration.
- Over £25m spent on accommodation in the last 10 years.
- The College has an annual turnover of £29.7 million
- The College holds Matrix quality standard for information, advice and guidance reapproved May 2020 for three years.
- Over 2,500 individuals supported with English and maths GCSE resits in 2021-
2022. We are consistently one of the top performing colleges for English & maths.
- Over 2,150 individuals with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities were
supported in 2021-2022. Of these, 289 had an education and health care plan, of which 171 were high needs individuals.
- The College has eleven centres at its Market Street campus in Bury: Woodbury, A-level, University, Millennium, Beacon, Innovation, Prospects, Construction Skills, Endeavour, Aspire, Sports.
- The College also delivers from several Community Venues.
- The College is a curriculum partner (specialism: Digital Health) in the Greater
Manchester Institute of Technology (award pending).
- Investing over £10 million in new Health and Digital Centre – completion December 2022. (Funded: £2.25 million GMCA; £1.2million DfE T Level Capital; £1 million GMIoT; balance College).
- 95% of 2021/22 16-18 students (for whom destinations were captured) progressed positively.
- The College works with over 500 employers each year.
- Over 2,000 of all Full-Time students were in receipt of Financial Support in 21-22 including 16-19 bursary, free school meals, care to learn, discretionary learner support funds and HE bursaries.
- Over 500 students progressed into employment or onto an Apprenticeship in 21-22.
- Over 600 students progressed onto university in 21-22.
- 380 learners in-learning on a Bury College Apprenticeship at 14 October 2022 (134 @ Level 2; 239 @ L3; 5 @ L4; 2 @ L5) (445 at November 2021).
- The College has 528 staff, of whom 269 are teaching staff.
The College offers:
- 21 A-Levels
- 7 Applied qualifications (A-Level equivalent and taken as part of an A-Level study programme.
- 17 Vocational areas covering multiple courses across Levels 1-3, including T Levels across 5 areas.
- Wide range of Foundation Study Pathways covering Pre-Entry, Entry Level, L1 and L2.
- Apprenticeships across 10 sector areas.
- Access to: Learning FE (L1 and L2) and HE (L3).
- 18 University subjects across Access, Foundation Diploma, HNC, HND, CertEd, PGCE, Foundation Degree and Degree levels.
Information updated November 2022