The Bury Volunteer Police Cadet Unit have found a home at Bury College and believes their recent award for Voluntary Police Cadet Unit of the Year has been helped by Bury College’s facilities and our staff.
Can I get help with my course fee?
Some courses are free for eligible learners, this is shown in the course details. You may be eligible for a free course if you are:
- Unemployed and in receipt of an income-based benefit (for example JSA, ESA or Universal Credit)
- Employed and earning less than £23,104
- Studying for your first full Level 2 qualification on an eligible legal entitlement course
- Aged 19-23 and studying for your first full Level 3 qualification or on an eligible legal entitlement course
- Aged 19+ and studying for your first full Level 3 qualification on an eligible course which is part of the Level 3 Free Courses for Jobs scheme
- Aged 19+ and studying a course that is part of the Level 3 Free Courses for Jobs Scheme, and unemployed or earning less than £23,104
- Aged 19+ and studying for your first or second full Level 3 qualification on an eligible GM Offer Level 3 course
- Your eligibility for a free course will be assessed and confirmed at enrolment.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of fees and funding please call the Funding Team on 0161 280 8689
Advanced Learner Loan
Many of our adult learners pay for their Level 3 and above courses with an Advanced Learner Loan. If a loan is available this is indicated in the course details. It’s easy to apply, your household income isn’t considered and there are no credit checks. You only need to start paying back your Advanced Learner Loan when you are earning more than £27,295 per year.