Students and staff from our Hair, Beauty, Barbering and Media Make-up courses have moved into our brand-new Hair and Beauty Centre.
Become a course rep
Be the voice of the student body by undertaking the role of a Bury College University Centre course representative.
Course reps play an important part in representing students’ views and helping to keep standards high. As a course rep, you will have the chance to voice not just your own views, but act as a spokesperson for everyone else in your department.
What’s in it for you?
You will pick up transferrable skills such as:
- Researching the views of others
- Working as part of a team
- Clearly putting across your views
- Presentation skills
- Building on your self-confidence
You will also be able to use the experience on your CV.
The role of a course rep is important as you are representing the views of everyone in your department. Your responsibilities will include:
- Finding out the views and opinions of everyone in your department on a range of issues relating to courses at Bury College University Centre.
- Attending and taking part in the University Student Voice meetings once every half term, where you will discuss these issues with Bury College staff.
- Make suggestions on how the learner experience could be improved, and work with the Higher Education Liaison Officer to implement these.
- Informing everyone in your department about what happens at the Higher Education Student Voice meetings and the decisions that have been made.
- Working with the other university course reps