Our students are extremely important to us and we want to support and help you to have the best possible experience at Bury College University Centre. Support will be available from individual tutors and at a curriculum level on the various modules within the course. One-to-one support is also available for students with specific needs.

Those students with disabilities, learning difficulties or specific needs will be supported throughout their time at Bury College University Centre. We will help you to develop strategies, discover skills and independence with a multi-team, student-centred approach. We encourage you to work with us to achieve your full potential. We have contacts with local and national external bodies concerned with inclusion, disability awareness and disability.

If you feel you need to talk to someone about issues which are affecting your life, whether at the University Centre or at home, we have two qualified counsellors who can offer you confidential support.

Our pastoral support team deals with behaviour, performance and personal issues. They also work to ensure that individuals receive appropriate support and that facilities and services meet their needs. They are always willing to answer questions and discuss issues.

- Apply for student finance online at: gov.uk/student-finance

- Work out what your living costs will be, including cost of books and equipment for your course, and plan a weekly budget

- Complete research on student bank accounts

- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for all our latest news

Bury College University College has lower fees than most universities, with no up-front fees to be paid for either full or part-time courses. Many students studying higher education are eligible for some form of financial assistance.

The main costs of studying a university course are tuition fees and living costs and there are loans available from Student Finance England to help with these. Full-time course fees are currently £7,500. For part-time fees, please see the individual course page on our website. For our latest information on fees and funding, please click here: https://burycollege.ac.uk/university-centre/supporting-you/fees-and-funding

Full and part-time students can pay course fees using a tuition fee loan, which you don’t have to start paying back until you are earning £27,295 a year or more. Your tuition fee loan will be paid directly to Bury College University Centre.

For more information or to apply for your Student Finance please visit: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance

Maintenance loans are available to help full-time students with the cost of living whilst studying and unlike the tuition loan you will personally receive this money at the start of each term.

Maintenance loans are allocated based on household residual income. You will need to apply as early as possible to make sure you have everything organised before you start your course. To apply online visit: www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance or call 0300 100 0607

You can apply to be a Course Rep and have the chance to voice your views and act as a spokesperson for everyone else on your course. As a Course Rep you will attend meetings once every half-term where you will discuss any issues with Bury College University Centre staff, be involved in making suggestions on how to improve the learner experience and work with the university team to implement these.

A typical week on a full-time university course will include approximately 14 hours spent in classes, with additional hours to be spent on independent research and study. Part-time students may spend between 4-8 hours of their time in tutor-led classes.

Whilst all our courses require you to work independently outside of lectures, please be assured our supportive tutors will be on hand throughout your time with us to advise and provide one-to-one feedback.

You can discover the University Centre by accessing our virtual tour: https://burycollege.ac.uk/VirtualTour/index.html

There’s still time to apply now and start this Autumn!

If you are interested in applying for a full-time course then you can apply directly through UCAS. Simply visit www.ucas.com.

If you would like to apply for a part-time course or teacher training course you will need to complete and submit the Bury College University Centre application form.

Please note – you will need to open the application form in Adobe Acrobat in order to save your written progress. Download the form here: https://www.burycollegeunicentre.co.uk/media/1960/he_application_form_editable_updated_301120.pdf

Have you any questions about your course or the University Centre? Our friendly staff are happy to answer any questions you may have or to put you in contact with your course tutor for a chat. Please email victoria.rowcroft@burycollege.ac.uk with any queries.