The Bury Volunteer Police Cadet Unit have found a home at Bury College and believes their recent award for Voluntary Police Cadet Unit of the Year has been helped by Bury College’s facilities and our staff.
These courses are for those who wish to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the dynamic Travel and Tourism sector. The aim of these work-related qualifications is to prepare you for entry to a range of progression opportunities including higher education or employment.
You will uncover the Travel and Tourism sector by studying a wide range of interesting and challenging units.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn in a realistic training environment with industry standard equipment
- Gain experience managing aviation situations in our aeroplane cabin and galley
- Receive training on handling on-board drinks, food and duty free in our Cloud Café
- Develop knowledge using airline check-in desks and specialist software
The topics studied on this course are:
- UK airports
- The cruise industry
- Visitor attractions
- Responsible tourism
- Cabin crew
- Preparation for a career in the travel industry
- Customer service
- UK travel and tourism industry
- Holiday representatives
- Travel agency operations
- Worldwide passenger airlines
- Specialist tourism
- Work experience
- Tour operations
- Tour guiding
Career opportunities may include:
- Overseas Holiday Rep
- Cabin Crew
- Events and conference coordinator
- Holiday Reservations Agent
- Hotel Receptionist
- Overseas Hotel Contractor
- Resort Operations Manager
- Holiday Entertainer
- Airport Check-in Agent
- Retail Travel Consultant
- Tour Operator
- Tourism Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Reservation Sales Agent
Positive Futures is a set of essential qualities, embedded throughout your study programme, that we seek to develop in all students:
You will also engage in the Positive Futures Careers Programme, developing key employability skills through a diverse range of activities including work placements, volunteering, employer talks, industry study visits and employment and university fairs.
As a Bury College student you will have access to a wide range of enrichment opportunities which will contribute to your personal growth and development and support your academic studies.
These may include:
- Art Club
- Chess Club
- Dance, Drama and Singing Workshops
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Gaming Hub
- Music Club
- Pride Club
- Student Ambassador Scheme
- A wide range of sport including Badminton, Cricket, Football, Fitness Training, Nerf, Netball, Volleyball and Table Tennis.
Please Note: We attempt to ensure that all information contained within this website is correct and up-to-date. However, some details may change as we review and update our provision. Although every effort is made to provide the teaching, examination, assessment and other services detailed on this website and in our other publications, Bury College cannot guarantee the provision of such programmes, services, facilities and fees. Bury College reserves the right to amend, withdraw, alter or amalgamate any of the courses, locations and facilities detailed within at any time. Should circumstances require such amendments, Bury College undertakes to use all reasonable steps to minimise the resultant disruption to those services and most importantly to students.